Principal Computer Scientist (Dayton)
Galois is hiring Principal Computer Scientists in Dayton, OH. In this role, you will be expected to:
- Develop and lead an externally funded research program, involving frequent client and government agency interactions.
- Collaborate across Galois, academia, government, and industry to advance active research and development programs.
- Publish and speak on their work, establishing a reputation for thought leadership in their domain of expertise.
We are seeking experts interested in advancing state of the art in the following areas in ways that lead to creating trustworthy & high assurance computing systems.
- Control systems (computer controlled systems that monitor flight controls for unmanned autonomous systems or industrial/infrastructure processes)
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning (including deep learning and decision making, reinforcement learning, automated planning and anomaly detection)
- Networking (developing network appliances, designing ad hoc networks, writing firewall or other network security software)
- Security research (any areas are desired, including identity management, security architectures, policy-driven security, etc.)
Competitive candidates for this role will be experienced researchers in their field, and have demonstrated success envisioning, designing, and leading significant research programs. We value hands on experience in the proposal writing process, and a deep interest in pursuing programs that connect one’s research interests directly to actual customer needs. Excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and public speaking skills are essential.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field with a history of high quality academic or industrial research as evidenced by publications, involvement in research community, and/or patent applications.
- A track record in obtaining external research funding.
We work extensively with functional programming languages and formal methods. Our research engineers work in small teams and successfully interact with clients, partners, and other employees in a highly collaborative environment. Many of them have PhD’s in their fields as well. We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire these teams, and our clients.